This website provides the ability to submit comments and ratings on providers or service/ product experiences (commonly referred to as ‘Reviews’).
The Reviews feature is not a formal complaint procedure or to be used for allegations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity. Anonymous reviews are not considered, we require the name and telephone/email of the reviewer, so that reviews can be properly validated. If you have a serious complaint or allegation of negligence, abuse or criminal activity, you should consider contacting the provider, the relevant regulatory authority or the police.
The views, comments and opinions expressed in the Reviews submitted to our site do not represent our views and we accept no responsibility or liability for any such Reviews. All Reviews are left in accordance with our terms and conditions.
Moderation – The Checking of Reviews
- A Review is submitted online, by text or received from a feedback form and then entered onto our internal system by the Moderation Team
- Reviews that do not comply with this Review Policy are not accepted or published. Then, an email or text explaining the primary reason why the Review has not been accepted is sent to the reviewer (where there is an appropriate method of contact). When a Review is rejected for not conforming to the Content Guidelines, the email or text to the Reviewer, states that they can resubmit another Review.
- Reviews that appear to meet with the Review Policy are authenticated with the reviewer:
- For a number of Reviews, the Moderation Team will individually telephone/email/text the reviewer. If a reviewer has submitted on behalf of the service user they may be asked to provide more detail as confirmation
- Further internal checks are undertaken to validate Reviews (e.g. checking the IP address, same name/email/telephone as an existing Review etc)
- If we cannot validate the Review, an email or text is sent to the contacts of the service provider and to the reviewer stating that the Review could not be verified
- If authenticated, the Review will move to pending made live
- Reviews Pending Made Live:When a Review moves into Pending Made Live, it goes into a queue to be made live. An email is sent to the contacts of the service provider with a link to the Review and the ability to add a response. The service provider is informed that the Review will automatically be published.
We encourage companies/organisations to be open and transparent and to respond publicly to all reviews.
We reserve the right to edit and alter Reviews to ensure that the Review complies with our Review Policy. As a general rule, we will only edit Reviews to remove names from the content of the reviews and to correct spelling or basic grammar.
We try to publish as many Reviews as we can but do not guarantee that all Reviews will be published and we may reject a Review with or without giving reasons for such rejection. If we reject a Review submitted by a user, they are able submit a new one.
We try to process the Reviews as quickly as we can, however depending on volume, postage issues/strikes etc. it may take longer than would normally be expected for them to be published or deemed non-compliant with our Review Policy.
The moderation process is identical for organisations that we have a commercial relationship with and for those we do not.
We endeavour to ensure that any Reviews posted on our sites are fair, and that companies/organisations always have an opportunity to provide their own point of view and to make clear where they disagree with anything being said by a reviewer. By engaging with us in this process companies/organisations acknowledge that the Reviews and associated material published together constitute a fair and balanced set of opinions about their services.
Reporting of inappropriate content on our websites
If you believe that a Review/Reply on our websites does not comply with our Review Policy or you wish to remove a Review/Reply you have written, you can alert our Moderation Team by clicking on the link provided to report a Review. You will need to provide your email address and/or telephone together with a short explanation why you believe the Review does not comply with our Review Policy. Reporting a Review will not automatically remove it, but will ensure that we look at it as soon as possible. The Moderation Team will then decide whether to remove it permanently or reinstate it. We reserve the right to remove a Review at any time.
Who can submit Reviews?
Reviews of companies/organisations can only be submitted by genuine users i.e. those with direct experience of the service or product (anonymous reviews are not considered). Reviews from members of staff and from parties, such as suppliers will not be published. However, where required, members of staff or friends/relatives are permitted to assist users / clients in completing a Feedback Form. If a staff member or relative provides assistance, they must provide their name and connection and then on the published review it will state that assistance has been provided.
People under the age of 16 should obtain permission from a parent or guardian before posting on our site/s.